Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Stop saying sorry.

Women as one of my students this semester reminded me through her end-of-the-semester research project are always apologizing. Always. For. Everything. We need to stop. I need to stop. I am going to try to say, sorry, far less frequently this year. I am only going to use the word when I truly mean it, when I have a good reason to apologize and I am not going to use it every time someone steps in front of me, or every time I do something that I perceive as annoying to others. I am not, in other words, going to apologize for my very self, for existing. And you should not either.

http://time.com/2895799/im-sorry-pantene-shinestrong/

And, so, too, I am not going to negate my own power.



Let's change this old sticky to, I'm not sorry! 

No comments:

Post a Comment